If you enjoy encouraging children to use their imagination, this position is for you! Play facilitators are important in helping families and children get the most out of their visit to the Museum; this role involves modeling behavior for parents to help demonstrate the effectiveness of imaginative play in addition to facilitating both exhibit-focused and specially themed activities and workshops. Play facilitators also help maintain exhibit tidiness to ensure guests of all ages have a safe and secure environment to explore.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitating activities and workshops, may help in planning.
- Role modeling imaginative play to caregivers and staff in exhibit spaces.
- Maintaining tidiness and supplies of Museum exhibits throughout the day. .
- Keeping up to date on museum policies and standards.
- Providing positive customer service; enforcing Museum’s safety and security policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience or a desire to work with families and children.
- Flexible availability to best serve Museum needs.
- Ability to positively and effectively communicate with people.
- Demonstrated excellence in decision making and leadership skills.
- Bilingual Spanish skills are a plus.
Open to ages 14-104 years old! Must pass a background check.
Please drop off a cover letter with resume and three professional references at the Children’s Museum of Walla Walla, 77 Wainwright Drive, Walla Walla, WA during our operating hours: Friday-Monday 10am – 5pm
Once a month we gather together and discuss what the Museum needs to do in order to continue to grow. We create and maintain exhibits, workshops, and events. There is also the excitement of fundraising and grant writing. Minimum requirements for a board member is participating in our monthly meeting. Volunteer hours are encouraged. This is a great opportunity to contribute your strengths and talents to a non-profit for the benefit of our communities families. There are no dues, just your time as you have it available. Ages 18-104 encouraged to join. Contact our Director Katy for questions. 509-526-7529 or [email protected] Attend a board meeting and see if we are a good fit.
The Children’s Museum has many opportunities to participate in community events (six to eight times a year). We need volunteers to represent us. Often this means facilitating art/play activities for children. Volunteers can be 14-104 years old. Join the email list so you can be the first to hear when you are needed. Email with the Subject line Event Volunteer at [email protected]
Building Maintenance and Yard Care (in-kind/volunteer)
Once in a while our building needs a little attention that is beyond the scope of our staff’s talent. Once a week the yard needs a good mow and weeding. Own your own business? We are a non-profit and donating your time is a write off. If you would like to help us out contact Katy 526-7529 or [email protected]
The Children’s Museum is a 501(3) Nonprofit Museum and is run entirely through community support in the way of grants and private donations. There are several ways to donate: corporate sponsorship, exhibit sponsorship, membership sponsorship, general cash donations and more! Talk to a museum employee today!